Permanent, Full Time
Who are we?
Step Connect² is a dynamic events business focused on the education sector. At the core of Step Connect² is a team that is ambitious, creative, dynamic, and sociable. We are market leaders in bringing together education and policy professionals focused on the learning environments of today and those of tomorrow! Our events have a proven track record in attracting senior decision-makers from governments, local authorities, schools, academies, colleges, universities, other public services, architects, contractors, and advisers. Our approach to delivering events is based around focusing on three core principles:
- Exhibitor/Sponsor Experience
- Attendee Experience
Our Live Events: This is where it all began! From our first live event at Manchester Central in 2013 to 5 fantastic live events each year… Our events connect the education community.
Our Online Events: At the beginning of 2020, we started our digital transformation! The key objective of this digital transformation is to take a blended approach to delivering events (live & online). Now delivering 6 online events and growing rapidly, we ensure the education community stays connected throughout the year.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident, sociable, consultative business development executive with a proven track record in exhibition or media sales (at least 2-3 years).
The successful candidate needs to be motivated by targets and have strong interpersonal skills.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Consistently high levels of Telephone Calls, Teams Meetings and Face-to-Face Meetings with new business prospects.
- Accurately forecast new business opportunities within the CRM system.
- Effectively and accurately manage personal revenue pipelines to maximize all new business opportunities (qualification to close).
- Monitor and report sales activity within the CRM system.
- Generating significant new business revenues across our events portfolio.
- Developing new accounts and identifying and converting opportunities to cross/up-sell additional opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors, partners, and the rest of the event team
- Keeping up to date on sector developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales
- At all times representing Step Connect² in a professional manner
Reporting and working closely with the Senior Sales Manager.
You will be part of a small but growing team of like-minded individuals who are self-motivated, have excellent sales skills and have the drive to succeed!
If this sounds like it could be the role for you, please apply now by sending your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
No recruitment agencies, please.